ອົງການກາແດງລາວ

CROIX ROUGE LAO

History

ປະຫວັດຄວາມເປັນມາ

History of the Lao Red Cross

1955: The Lao Red Cross was established in the 1/1/1955 ( at that time there were only 80 National Societies in the world). There were 73 of Red Cross members, with 2 female. There was a governing board with 7 members, who were appointed by the Royal Laos Prime Minister, referring to the letter No: 71/PC, dated 26/3/1956 – Vientiane.

 

1957: LRC  was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC),  dated 23/5/1957, referring to the letter No: 416, dated  25/10/1957. LRC obtained a membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) on 25th October 1957, during the 24th  General Assembly of the  Red Cross  in New Delhi, India.

After establishing the Lao  PDR
1976-88: The Lao Red Cross was under Ministry of Health ( Dr. Khamlieng  Phonsena as the LRC President).
1988-92: The Lao Red Cross was under Ministry of Health  and Social Welfare
1992: The Lao Red Cross was separated from the Ministry of Social Welfare, dated 4/4/1992 and being an independent organization, guided by the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party and Government.
1993: Dr. Phoungeun Douangsitthi was appointed as the Acting LRC President, dated 9/9/1993. All the activities were implemented according to the Prime Minister’s Decree No: 188/PM, dated 30/11/1993.

Branch Development
Expansion of the LRC Luangprabang Branch in October, 1993
Expansion of the LRC Savannakhet and Khammouane  Branch in August, 1994
Expansion of the LRC Champassack and Saravan Branch in April, 1995
Expansion of the LRC Xekong and Attapeu Branch in June, 1996
1996-97: According to the Prime Minister Decree No: 42/PM, dated 2/4/1997, there was a  restructuring of the LRC and Dr. Snivourast Sramany  was appointed  to be the LRC President.

ໄດ້ຂະຫຍາຍຈຳນວນໜື່ງ

Continuing of Branch  Development
Expansion of the LRC Vientiane, Bolikhamxay, Oudomxay  and Borkeo Branch in   1997
Expansion of the LRC Houaphanh, Xiengkhouang,  and Luangnamtha  Branch in   1998
Expansion of the LRC Vientiane Capital City  and Phongsaly  Branch in   1999
Expansion of the LRC  Xayaboury  Branch in   2000.
1997-99: There was an improvement of the LRC role and functions  to submit to the government. Then the new  Prime Minister Decree No: 36/PM, dated 21/4/1999,  relating to the reorganizing of the Lao Red Cross was issued. This decree  includes:
– LRC position and role
– LRC duties  and functions
– LRC organization chart
– LRC working proceduresHistory of the Lao Red Cross

1955: The Lao Red Cross was established in the 1/1/1955 ( at that time there were only 80 National Societies in the world). There were 73 of Red Cross members, with 2 female. There was a governing board with 7 members, who were appointed by the Royal Laos Prime Minister, referring to the letter No: 71/PC, dated 26/3/1956 – Vientiane.

1957: LRC  was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC),  dated 23/5/1957, referring to the letter No: 416, dated  25/10/1957. LRC obtained a membership of the International Federation of the Red Cross (IFRC) on 25th October 1957, during the 24th  General Assembly of the  Red Cross  in New Delhi, India.

After establishing the Lao  PDR
1976-88: The Lao Red Cross was under Ministry of Health ( Dr. Khamlieng  Phonsena as the LRC President).
1988-92: The Lao Red Cross was under Ministry of Health  and Social Welfare
1992: The Lao Red Cross was separated from the Ministry of Social Welfare, dated 4/4/1992 and being an independent organization, guided by the Lao People’s Revolutionary Party and Government.
1993: Dr. Phoungeun Douangsitthi was appointed as the Acting LRC President, dated 9/9/1993. All the activities were implemented according to the Prime Minister’s Decree No: 188/PM, dated 30/11/1993.

Branch Development
Expansion of the LRC Luangprabang Branch in October, 1993
Expansion of the LRC Savannakhet and Khammouane  Branch in August, 1994
Expansion of the LRC Champassack and Saravan Branch in April, 1995
Expansion of the LRC Xekong and Attapeu Branch in June, 1996
1996-97: According to the Prime Minister Decree No: 42/PM, dated 2/4/1997, there was a  restructuring of the LRC and Dr. Snivourast Sramany  was appointed  to be the LRC President.


ໄດ້ຂະຫຍາຍຈຳນວນໜື່ງ

Continuing of Branch  Development
Expansion of the LRC Vientiane, Bolikhamxay, Oudomxay  and Borkeo Branch in   1997
Expansion of the LRC Houaphanh, Xiengkhouang,  and Luangnamtha  Branch in   1998
Expansion of the LRC Vientiane Capital City  and Phongsaly  Branch in   1999
Expansion of the LRC  Xayaboury  Branch in   2000.
1997-99: There was an improvement of the LRC role and functions  to submit to the government. Then the new  Prime Minister Decree No: 36/PM, dated 21/4/1999,  relating to the reorganizing of the Lao Red Cross was issued. This decree  includes:
– LRC position and role
– LRC duties  and functions
– LRC organization chart
– LRC working procedures


ທ່ານ ສະໝານ ວິຍະເກດ
ທ່ານ ດຣສນິວຸຣັຊ ສຣະມານີ
His Excellency, Mr. Saman Vinhaket
LRC Honorary President


Dr. Snivourast  Sramany,
LRC President


ທ່ານ ດຣ ບົວສະກົດ ແກ້ວໄມພິດ
ທ່ານ ດຣ ກິແດງ ທຳມະລັງສີ
Dr.  Boualakoth Keomayphith,
LRC Vice-President

Dr. Keedaeng Thammalangsy,LRC Secretary General